Asian Studies Subject Guide
Asian Libraries in West
- Asian Reading Room at the Library of Congress
The collections of the Asian Division have grown to represent one of the most comprehensive collections of Asian language materials in the world, covering an area ranging from the South Asian subcontinent and Southeast Asia to China, Japan, and Korea.
- Asian Library at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Asian collection is interdisciplinary in nature, with a primary focus on information services in the humanities and social sciences, and to a lesser extent in other fields such as agriculture and sciences. The major collections include materials in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, South Asian, Arabic and Persian languages.
- Asian Library at the University of British Columbia in Canada
The Asian Library is the biggest research collection of Asian language materials in Canada, holdings in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, South Asian languages and Indonesian stand at more than 580,000 volumes. While the collection is comprehensive in its range of subjects, it is especially strong in the humanities and social sciences.
- Asian Collections at National Library of Australia
The National Library's Asian language collections focus on contemporary Asia from the 19th century onwards, covering a range of subjects, such as history, politics, current affairs, society and culture. Books, journals, government publications, magazines and newspapers are supplemented by full-text article databases, e-books, archived websites and ephemeral materials.
- South/Southeast Asia Library at University of California, Berkeley
The South/Southeast Asia Library presented rich contents of South Asia and Southeast Asia, including online resources, collections, article databases and bibliographic guides.
Other Online Resources
- Trans Asia Photography Review
- Asia Resources on the World Wide Web
- Internet Resources for South Asia
- Asian Collection at World Digital Library
- Eastern Art Online by University of Oxford
- Columbia International Affairs Online
- Chinese-English Dictionary of Modern Usage (Lin Yutang)
- China Daily (Newspaper)
- Chronology of Japan
- Korean Bibliography (Library of Congress)
- National Web Portal of India
- Kamat's Potpurri: Hodge-podge of History, Mystery, and Diversity of India
- Manas: India and its Neighbours
- Hindi Language Resources
- Japanese Research & Bibliographic Methods for Undergraduates
top of page
All Online Asian Studies Resources