How to Request Materials through ILLiad
Have you already received an ILLiad Username and Password from the UMBC ILL Office?
- Yes - Click ILLiad Login and place a request.
- No - If you donít have an OCLC symbol please contact the InterLibrary Loan office at 410-455-2234 or e-mail email@example.com. Once you have a symbol please register by clicking ILLiad Login and then click on First Time Users. Fill out the registration form - your OCLC symbol will be your username, then create a password and you are ready to request!
- You may place a request for a photocopy or a loan of material from UMBC.
- Click on the appropriate button and fill out the form as completely as possible.
- Any field that has an asterisk (*) beside it is a required field. If you don't have the information just put a ?.
- Once you have placed a request you will be returned to the main menu of your account and a transaction number will appear in "Outstanding Requests".
In the left hand column under "View" click on any of the following to see the full citation and tracking information.
- "View Outstanding Requests" allows you to check on materials that are in process.
- "View Shipped Items" contains a list of material that has been loaned to your library.
- "View Request History" allows you to check on requests that have been completed. Photocopy requests will appear in this list once our office has updated and shipped them to your library. Loans will appear in this list once the material has been returned to and checked in by our library.
- "View Cancelled Requests" allows you to check for requests that have been cancelled. You will NOT be notified by email, fax, or Ariel. Remember, your requests will move into different categories as their status changes with our department.
We strongly recommend that you do this to protect your account. If your password is lost or forgotten contact our office to have it reset.Electronic Delivery of Articles
Odyssey, an electronic article delivery service available in a free download, would allow us to provide a faster, better quality copy to you. Visit this website for more information and to download the software.