Information for Borrowing Libraries
Beginning in February 2008, libraries that send requests to UMBC via mail or fax will be asked to register in our new Borrowing Libraries ILLiad system. Thereafter they will be able to request items through their ILLiad account, which will streamline the process. Please click on ILLiad Login to begin.
- No charge for not-for-profit libraries within the state of Maryland.
- Out of state not-for-profit libraries $10 per IFM request, $15 per request invoiced.
- For-profit libraries $20 per IFM request, $25 per request invoiced.
- International Requests $25 per IFM request, $30 per request invoiced.
- Rush requests are $10 in addition to the ILL charge.
- Federal ID#52-6002033
- credit card Credit Card Payment Form
- books, proceedings
- dissertations, if we have a 2nd copy
- journal articles (to keep) - we have a color scanner
- articles from microfilm/fiche (to keep)
- materials already on loan will not be recalled
- materials from the RCLC (Resource Center for Language and Culture)
- Reference and Special Collections materials
- individual paper issues of current newspapers and journals
- bound periodicals
- videos, DVDs and LPs
- music CDs
UMBC ILL will accept requests through:
- OCLC: MUB
- ARIEL: 126.96.36.199
- FAX: 410-455-1061